A consultation was led in 2022, continuing now in 2023, for the
ECOLISE’s policy flagship project, the 10 theses towards transformative community-led local development policies.
The idea is to make proposals with the aim of building a shared vision of transformative local development policies with communities at the heart – and the role the European Green Deal can have in this.
The format of the 10 theses is :
- The challenge
- The proposition: How community-led initiatives can bring transformative change
- Link to the European Green Deal
- Policy recommendations
- Good practice examples
- Similar demands by partners and other organisations
You will find the 10 theses in the draft document with the context and the 10 thesis:
- Why do we need transformative change with communities at the heart?
- Why are changed human-nature relationships the basis for transformative change?
- Why is it important to acknowledge extractive economic systems – and the prioritisation of growth and GDP – as the root cause of the planetary crisis?
- Why is collective action led by communities so important?
- Which values and regenerative cultures do CLIs bring to transformative changes?
- Why is transformative social innovation so important?
- Why do we need a strong connection between local and European levels of governance, including binding local plans for socio-ecological transformation?
- “Development” implies a goal – what’s our vision of bioregional transformative development?
- Why do CLIs need to engage with EU politics and policies, such as the European Green Deal?
- Why do CLIs need to be strengthened by increased public support networks?
So far, over 350 people from over 70 organisations have joined in the consultation process .