RIPESS is a global network of continental networks committed to the promotion of Social Solidarity Economy since 1997. The member networks themselves bring together national and sectorial networks, thus ensuring strong territorial anchoring. The combined global and local scope gives RIPESS legitimacy to promote SSE, foster intercontinental cooperation, and advocate at different levels.
SSE seeks systemic transformation that goes beyond superficial change in which the root oppressive structures and fundamental issues remain intact. RIPESS members believe in the importance of the globalization of solidarity, and the ability to build and strengthen an economy that places people and planet at the center of its activities.
The key to promoting exchange between the continental members, as well as to giving visibility to the work done by the network members from different continents lies on a good communication flow in the different languages. In addition, the positioning of RIPESS as a network rooted at the local level and at the same time present at the intercontinental level in spaces of international advocacy, must be reflected through the different communication channels, as a support to strengthen our actions.
Context of the offer
Under the direction of the Board of Directors and the Executive Secretary, the role of the Communication Manager mainly is:
- Accompany the development and implementation of a professional communication strategy
- Ensure regular communication in the RIPESS Intercontinental different channels
- Foster internal communication, through different adapted digital tools, meetings & webinars proposals
- Elaborate / coordinate the elaboration of new communication materials (videos, campaigns, infographics, guides, etc.)
- Compile and disseminate a regular newsletter
- Keep the ripess.org website updated and consider new developments’ needs
- Ensure three-language translations (EN, FR, ES) of relevant communications, articles, mails, meeting notes, reports
- Participate in multi-continent virtual meetings of the different working groups and Board meetings to support the translation and to transmit the reflections and proposals from communication.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Experience in developing and implementing communication 2.0 strategies in similar contexts:
- Experience in the use and administration of online tools and social media:
- Familiarity with the SSE and social movement networks;
- Master the 3 languages of RIPESS (spoken and written) – French, English, Spanish;
- Ability to write, summarize and translate in the different languages;
- Autonomy, flexibility, proactivity and versatility: work mainly at home:
- Open, communicative, creative, reactive and at the same time patient person;
- Education preference: communication / journalism / Political sciences;
- Professional experience of at least 8-10 years and 5 minimum in similar function.
- 25h/ week – 1 year, renewable
- Teleworking, from any country of Europe
- Start beginning of october 2020
- Network of contacts from the local to the global on SSE
To apply, send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Deadline for submitting: 15/09/2020
Interviews will take place virtually the 22nd and 23rd of September