Article from Après-Ge, Geneva
Julia Steinberger, member of the IPCC and Rob Hopkins, initiator of the international movement of Transition Towns participated in the opening conference of the 8th edition of the Alternatiba Léman Festival on Monday, August 29, 2022.
Julia Steinberger, Professor of Climate Social Sciences at the University of Lausanne, is the lead author of the latest report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Published on 4 April 2022, the IPCC recommends a series of solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, in particular through the transformation of cities.
Rob Hopkins, initiator in 2005 of the international movement of Transition Towns, which brings together citizens, municipalities, entrepreneurs committed to meeting the major climate, social and political challenges, multiplies the “what ifs”, these questions that open the floodgates of the imagination able to stimulate commitment to a viable and sustainable future. His presence at Alternatiba Léman launches his tour in French-speaking Switzerland.
The opening night of the Alternatiba Léman Festival on Monday 29 August at Uni Mail from 6.30 pm was an opportunity for a dialogue between science, a pioneer of urban transition and two representatives of the “conventional” economy, a dialogue that will highlight convergences and divergences between these four speakers.
The Alternatiba Léman Festival, organized by the Alternatiba Léman Association, a citizens’ movement for the climate emergency, aims to promote all local initiatives that contribute to the reduction of climate change, by implementing local and concrete solutions.
[CONFERENCE] The circular economy, key to the resilience of territories – Tuesday, August 30, 2022
What is the status of the circular economy at the federal level?
- Adèle Thorens Goumaz : Councillor for the Etats verte Audoise
- Boris Chabanel : Cabinet Utopies
- Antonio Hodgers: Council of State in charge of the Department of Territory
- Pauline Plagnat-Cantoreggi: Mayor of Machilly, Vice-President for Energy Transition and Citizen Participation at Annemasse Agglo
- Antonin Calderon: Coordination of APRÈS and Co-President of Monnaie Léman
Moderated by Matthieu Hoffstetter, Journalist.
[CONFERENCE] Support and financing of sustainable businesses; practical cases – Tuesday 30 August 2022
- Caroline Hugon, Head of the Economic Development Pole Après, the Social and Solidarity Economy Network
- Antoine Fatio, Director of Fondetec
- Clarisse Cœur, Crowdfunding Expert for SIG Impact
- Aymeric Jung, Managing Partner, Quadia
- Bertrand Donninger Head of corporate finance at Alternative Bank Switzerland Ltd
- Jie Li, Circular Economy Program Director at Impact Hub
- Christophe Barman, President IDDEA Association
Moderated by John Hartung, Blue Coco Consultant.