- Closing date: 18 Jan 2015
- Vacancy number: INT 081
- provide research assistance for the project indicated above;
- conduct library and Internet searches and assist with drafting and editing potential publications;
- contribute to ongoing working tasks related to project management, fundraising activities, external relations, and event organization;
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Education in public policy, development studies, economics, sociology, political science or a related field at an accredited university, and have academic and professional experience in relevant issues. We are especially interested in candidates with strong expertise in social and solidarity economy and the connections with finance and sustainable development. Knowledge in alternative forms of finance, including ethical banking, financial cooperatives, microfinance, complementary currencies etc. is an asset.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential, good working knowledge in French and Spanish is desirable.
This UNRISD internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme.
- At the time of application, applicants must meet one of the following requirements (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns)
(i) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
(ii) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(iii) have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (i) and (ii) above) and, if selected, commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Interns are not financially remunerated.
- UNRISD is not responsible for interns’ travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for mandatory medical insurance during the period of the internship.
The deadline for applications is 18 January 2015 (23:59 Central European Time), with a start date around 1 February 2015, to be mutually agreed. The usual duration of the internship is three months, with the possibility of extension.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this position, please apply online by clicking the button below. Please use the “motivation” section to submit a cover letter specifying your interests and qualifications. The “statement section” can be used to underline your knowledge and interest in the topic of social and solidarity economy and finance. Kindly note that, due to limited staff resources, only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by 20 January 2015.
UNRISD vacancies are posted at www.unrisd.org/vacancies. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.