The Movement for Solidarity Economy Occitania (France) has chosen for the third time to honour the WSFTE and to organise a time dedicated to Transformative Economies on 20 and 21 November 2020 in Toulouse. This event “The World After? From a precarious society to solidarity-based economies) will focus on the theme of social and civic inclusion and precariousness and will take place in a popular district of Toulouse, Bellefontaine, in “Les Imaginations Fertiles”. www.fress-occitanie.fr
The Covid pandemic has created in our region strong questions around economic and social issues. Many economic sectors, including aeronautics, are affected by a crisis which mobilises institutions and companies, including those of the social and solidarity economy. Growth as such, business as usual are being shaken up and many initiatives propose to model other economic forms that are more resilient and solid in the face of crises. Civil society, for its part, is committed and organised to respond to the needs of the most precarious while taking into account the necessary ecological transitions, particularly but also democratic, economic and social, educational and cooperative. This exceptional FRESS will combine distance and physical presence. It will be organised in an imaginative way in a constrained health context, exploring the neighbourhood as a whole, associating the inhabitants, local authorities but also actors from the region, one of the largest in France. The actors are highly motivated for this 20th edition!
As a reminder, FRESS 2019 had started a first convergence process on the themes of agro-ecology, commons, feminist economies and social and solidarity economy. Find on the youtube channel the conferences Mouvement pour l ‘ Economie Solidaire Occitanie.
If you were not able to follow us live in June, nothing is lost, we thought of you and recorded everything! Find below all the webinars we organised and attended.
- “Food sovereignty: new forms of cooperation between urban and rural territories”: https://bit.ly/2DqXSih
- Confluence Occitania “Transformative Economies in Occitania”: https://bit.ly/2DrHqOL
- Transformative Economies Lab: https://bit.ly/3feDxe3
- Our transformative practices: social impact, social auditing, social utility, systemic transformation methodologies? https://bit.ly/3iSPc4D
- Presentation of the book “Du social Business à l’économie solidaire, critique de l’innovation sociale” by Jean Louis Laville co-written with Maïte Juan and Joan Subirats: https://bit.ly/3iNT32P
- Support for the indigenous populations of Colombia: https://bit.ly/2OxkIqA